Hi Michael,

I am not quite sure if this is what you are referring to:

If the CD drive is used on a Samba share, as I demonstrated, it cannot be
ejected if the share is in use.

When the user closes the share (but does not have to log out) you need to
wait a short while (about 2-3 mins) before the eject button will allow the
drive to open.

Samba takes a while to release a share when it is no longer in use, as
witnessed by running smbstatus from the console before and after a user
closes a share.

I have not used a zip drive in this way, but I assume the same applies.

Regards
Sasha

ps This is a great way to make a network CD juke box out of your e-smith
server using SCSI CD-ROMS (or even in combination with IDE drives)