> And for those who have the time and inclination, the problem is that
> the PPTP connection on port 1723 works fine, and we see a GRE
> masquerade callout and callback, but the Windoze box doesn't seem to
> get a connection. We haven't had time for a proper packet trace of
> this.

The problem for outgoing PPTP masquerading is due to Redhat not having the
latest patch from jhardin in their kernel releases. Redhat applied the
VS-Masq patch to the kernel and it broke the PPTP-Masq patch. There is a
patch to apply to correct this on Redhat systems, but I can't get any kernel
to compile on my RH7 machines so I can't contribute it.

The kernels from Redhat for 6.2 have the same problem. I was able to
properly compile everything on a 6.2 system and I currently use the
PPTP-Masq for outgoing connections through my e-smith 4.0 system.