Ted Serreyn wrote:

> No I do.   I have clients that don't have the root or admin password, sometimes
> dialing in, I can only get a telnet window and then run lynx or do other things
> as root, not as admin.

        Well, that's the point of root vs. admin.  The issue is whether to have
access via *telnet* as opposed to SSH.  Considering that there are Java
SSH applets available, I don't see much (if any) need for root access
via telnet.  Perhaps, though, it would be good to include one of those
SSH applets in the e-smith distro...

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy