I'm having a problem getting port forwarding to work from
the external interface > internal IP.  Is this because the
ipchain forward policy is set to DENY?

[root@e-smith /root]# /sbin/ipchains -n -L forward

Chain forward (policy DENY):
target  prot opt     source          destination     ports
ACCEPT  all  ------  192.168.1.0/24  192.168.1.0/24  n/a
MASQ    all  ------  192.168.1.0/24  0.0.0.0/0       n/a
DENY    all  ------  0.0.0.0/0       0.0.0.0/0       n/a

Maybe I'm not clear but the input chain restricts inbound,
the output restricts outbound, why restrict forwarding.

Forwarding would only work if permitted by an input chain
rule and activated via a ipmasqadm portfw rule.

If I'm completely lost, it would not be the first time :-)

If anyone can assist me in understanding how all this works
I would be most grateful.  I'm still battling a client issue
trying to access a Citrix server, behind the e-smith firewall
over the Internet.

Regards,

Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM
9912 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby, BC, Canada V3J 1N3
Phone: (604) 420-1362 * Fax: (604) 552-8833
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://netsourced.com