Hi,

Well my office mail server must be sick!  Reason:  Just finished client server
setup.  Their mail server is set to server and gateway and has email retrival
set to public.  People can access mail fine from within the office - going
through a seperate router box.  I can't do this at my office!

Anyway I can SSH tunnel to the mail server to use web admin.

Now - how can I use the proxy services (Squid) on this mail box?  As we
currently can't connect to it as we are not considered "local".

It would be ideal to use this machine as a cache as it has more HD space than
the internal e-smith box.

My only other solution is to put our RH router box on the 'local' side of the
mail server and then have the internal machines reading off the RH router box
as normal (I like to have my internal routers running NO services).

Only hassle with that solution is VPN access to the internal e-smith machine
becomes a problem as you have to forward ports through 2 machines.  Forward VPN
from mail (which has a VPN server!) to the RH router and then from their to the
internal PDC e-smith box.

I really like this perimiter netork security model - but I do not want to loose
cache or VPN or have to use complex port forwardings through many machines.

How can I achieve all my aims? - Without getting another machine to use as the
cache inside the office? - That is my last option.  A custom squid template?
Where is the squid template - all the files I looked at were empty or said not
to edit them - I scoured the templates directories!

Many thanx,

Cheers,
Richard.

(Who finnally managed to go to a ceremony (for mum) and officially graduate uni
today!)