Charlie Brady:

>There are not only privacy concerns with logging all email content, there
>are also practical concerns. There could be a lot data to store.

Yes, I know... that's why I mentioned my intention of rotating squid and
email logs daily. I am planning to burn them on CDs and saving the CDs in a
vault. Maybe I should encrypt the logs, just in case... :/

>If you really must log all email content (talk your manager out of it!)

God knows how hard I tried... to no avail yet :(

>then you can reconfigure the system to keep a copy as obtuse-smtpd hands
>it over to qmail. There is no need to modify any binary. This is one of
>the reasons that we have added obtuse-smtpd as the receiving SMTP daemon.

I see... If I had understood better this part, I would have spared me the
qmail recompilation process :)

But it has been quite straightforward, so I can't regret it too much.

Soon I'll delve into obtuse-smtpd soon to see how to enable the email
content logging and prepare the system for a 4.0.1 -> 4.1 upgrade...

Thanks to you all for your insights

--

Pierluigi Miranda