Van: Smith, Jeffery S (Scott) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Verzonden: donderdag 1 maart 2001 20:43
Aan: Devinfo@Lists. E-Smith. Org
Onderwerp: RE: [e-smith-devinfo] Message from 'Cron' about fetchmail

The only time I've seen this is when I'm manually (or via some means other
than e-smith's cron task) launching either /etc/startmail or /etc/fetchmail.
If I've done this and the cron task happens to fire off before the manual
task is complete, I'll get such a message. I will also see the message in
the foreground if I lauch startmail/fetchmail and the cron task is already
running.

If you are not running startmail/fetchmail manually or through some other
method, then you must have a fetchmail process that is hung up somehow. I
have seen fetchmail hang about for a while, but never so long as to
interfere with the next cron cycle. All things are possible, though.