On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 11:29:49PM -0800, Greg Swallow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> Ideally, I'd like to set up separate accounts, like info@ and sales@
> for each domain.

If you add (through a templates-custom entry, please):

info@domain2:fred

to /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains, mail for info@domain2 will be sent to
fred. Create ~fred/.qmail-default, containing the single line "fred" and
you're done. You need this as ~fred/.qmail will only handle mail addressed
to "fred", whereas this mail will be addressed to fred-info.... so
you can tell it came from a virtualdomain.

> If it's easier to set it up that "anything" @domain2.com
> goes to one account, that would be ok as well.
> [...]

To do this, add:

domain2:jane

and create ~jane/.qmail-default containing "jane"

You need to SIGHUP qmail-send to re-read the file (or restart qmail.init).

For more details on virtualdomains, browse www.qmail.org, especially
"Life with qmail" by Dave Sill.

> I'm definitely a lamer when it comes to Linux, but if someone can give
> me some advice on how to do this, I would really appreciate it.  This is
> the only feature on my wish list for the post-4.1 version of e-smith.
> [...]

Please note that this will only work under 4.1 - 4.0 and earlier treated
virtualdomains as local deliveries, so it was hard to pick out mail items for
separate delivery.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)