Hi,

just to give some feedback on a successful upgrade here.

I installed just before rc4 came out but applied all 3 update-rpms for rc3
immediately after installation.

1. ISA network card:
It's a dedicated gateway with 2 NICs where the external NIC is an ISA model
due to a lack of spare PCI slots on the motherboard. The upgrade kept all
settings for that manually defined card, very nice.

2. Firewall messages:
The log file was filling with denied packages messages, all protocol 250
(RIP) coming from the Internet router (our Nokia ADSL modem). Looking
through older messages on the list I found the thread 'Masses of protocol
messages in the logs' and the cure to stop those. Thanks.

3. named:
All named related entries in the log file have a strange time stamp, 13
hours behind the local New Zealand time? (that's Europe's time, isn't it?)

4. ntpd:
I can't see ntp synchronising against the external time server
"truechimer.waikato.ac.nz", no synchronisation messages in the log files. I
tried both ways to set up either by name or by ip address but still no
message in the log.
(the entry in the configuration db looks OK to me:
"ntpd=service|InitscriptOrder|55|NTPServer|130.217.76.32|status|enabled")
Is there any command that I can run manually to test ntp?

5. smtpfwdd:
As far as I understand, this is the one that listens to the outside world
(Internet) for incoming smtp requests now, rather than qmail itself. With
this, we have a nice difference to former times:
On one client site we are running "Norton Antivirus Corporate edition" on
all servers and workstations. It is setup to send virus alerts to our email
addresses here. Former qmail never accepted those incoming mails with the
following error in the (exchange) log files on the client site: "451 see
http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html";. There, it essentially says that
this mail won't be accepted due to a bad/wrong format (Line feed missing).
Smtpfwdd apparently isn't that picky (good for me) and accepts those
incoming mails now!

Thanks for your good work, I am working on new clients to sell E-smith.

Regards,
Michael Doerner