Paul Nesbit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Have you tested SSL and OpenSSH?

Yes, no problems found.

> Thanks very much for providing a bug report for this Darrell, and for
> identifying the problem.

Yes, I provided the report.  Identified this issue was a known Apache
bug.  Reported this back to e-smith that it was a known Apache bug and
suggested we work on fixing this.  Continued to look into this.  Found a
solution.  Implemented the solution.  Tested it internally on two e-smith
servers.  Posted a HowTO and requested assistance from developers to test
and confirm this is now fixed.

Throughout this process e-smith's responses have been, IMO, nothing short
of appalling!

Not once has e-smith assisted me in this process.  In fact quite the
opposite.  As is the usual e-smith way, it has been an ongoing e-mail
battle.  You still continue to not understand that this is a vitally
important problem that effects every Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat
user visiting an e-smith server.  Just because some users do not
experience the problem does not mean it does not exist.  It is a known
Apache issue.  It is a known and documented problem.  There is a known
and documented solution.  What more do you need?

Anyone reviewing this thread, from start to finish, will have a clear
picture of how e-smith handles and provides support.

Consider the personal time and investment I have made in dealing with
this issue.  Compare it to the time e-smith has spent on this issue.  The
clear answer is e-smith does not 'effectively' support their own product.

I truly do not care if this launches everyone into long and lenghty e-
mail battles.  In my opinion and my opinion only, e-smith needs to get
their act together.

Stop developing and start supporting!!!

--
Darrell May