Dear Darrell:

I can think of 3 draw-backs to this:
    1) It doesn't do anything of cutting down the volume of mail for those that
want it limited.
    2) It requires users to uses a filtering software.  I for one, don't have
one configured.
    3) It may be hard for New users to learn these areas.  Misspellings would
be missed by the filters and there would most likely be somebody that would
create a new [group] because he felt like it.

I am afraid we would use a few of the "treasured" minds out there because they
don't have time to read through all the posts (especially the wrong tagged
posts that wouldn't be filtered out) and would unsubscribe from the list.

I am still in favor of creating more e-mail lists.  Everybody on devlist would
be automaticly subscribed to all new lists.  If the lists isn't for them, they
could "unsubscribe" to that one list only and still receive the basic devinfo
list.

Users with filtering can subscribe to all the lists with the same e-mail and
have their filtering software seperate the comments.
   Groups maybe:    [e-smith- group-software]
                    [e-smith- php&mysql]

and of course keeping [e-smith-devinfo] for general e-smith development
questions.

Allen