G'Day,

Thanks for the reply,

Sorry most of that has just gone right over my head - I must be really
tired....

I take it you used the existing contrib package and used some different
switches when installing it?

The issue you raise is then with how people activate the vacation mail and
the security implications of that - changing other users details and the
general access probs to the e-smith manager?

What I am after is the facility to have a different message for individuals
as they each are away for different times - so each users message says I am
away from x to y.

The way it would work is that the local on site IT admin would activate it
for users when they request it.  Would this remove any security hassles you
mentioned?

I guess I just need a more logical explanation of how it is implemented by
you in 4.1.2.

Cheers,
Richard.