Rogier,

> I tried to get E-Smith working with an Onstream DL30 IDE-drive.

>From the work you have had to do, I presume you already know that
we (e-smith) specifically do NOT support the Onstream tape devices:

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/4.1/supportedtape.html

I don't know if anyone else has been able to get them to work, but
they definitely do NOT work with a standard install. (As you know,
since you were rebuilding the kernel! :-)

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of the devices, so I can't offer
any help.

Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739