Hi Dan,

Ok.  I like solution number 1.  It addresses all of my concerns.

> Thanks Dan.  I finally was able to bind to the server via a http interface
> (php).  I would like to add people to the LDAP that are not on the ESSG.

Two suggestions:

1. Using the existing directory, you can add people to the LDAP directory
   by simply adding a user account through the server manager with the
   following characteristics:
      - On the Create User Account screen, under "Email Delivery", choose
        "Forward to address below"
      - Enter their address in the space provided.
      - Create user account but do NOT set the password

   With a valid password set, the user account has no access to the
   server.  However, email to that user *will* still be delivered
   (to the external address) and the account will appear in the
   directory.

2. Daniel Tan has contributed a HOWTO about creating a global address
   book.  I have not used it, but it may be something you want to check out:

     http://www.netbase-t.com/esmith/AddressBook-howto.html

I guess the third option would be to figure out the OpenLDAP commands
necessary to add information to the LDAP directory included with your
e-smith server.  More info at http://www.openldap.org/

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739