G'Day All,

I ended up installing Charlies powstatd add-on for UPS monitoring.

Now following Graeme's how to I got the following results.

With the powerstad -t command and pulling or plugging back in the power to
the UPS.  One of the values does change.

Now loading /etc/rc.d/init/powerstad start after this with the ups unplugged
to mains power caused a system shut down.

Anyway reboot and all is ok.  One can't run the daemon and also run
powerstad -t at the same time due to a socket conflict.

What I have proven is that, both programs can find and talk to the UPS ok.

I now have a running system with the daemon running,  Pulling the power -
did not result in ANY message to the screen about power is unplugged as the
how to suggests.  Should it?

I left a monitor plugged in to the UPS (And server on mains power) and left
it running to drain power over night.  I hope to go in and find the server
shut down today.  If it hasn't - any idea's?

I am using essg 4.12

Cheers,
Richard Ford.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.cubok.com

The views expressed here are solely my own and do not necessarily represent
those of my employer.