> Do users need to have an entry in smbpasswd?
> If so, should e-smith be doing this automatically?
> or Do I need to run some other process?
> Thanks
> Rod

Further to the above, I tried resetting the user passwords and the entries
were created in smbpasswd.

My previous system was an upgrade from 4.1.1 with  a backup and restore. I
don't know if this has any bearing on the problem I had.
I'll just update all of the password files and that appears to sort my
problem out.
It doesn't answer the question of why the entries for normal users weren't
in the smbpasswd file.
Unfortunately the various upgrades were done a while ago and I have no
detailed record of exactly what process I did or didn't do <sigh>

Rod