Well, Not knowing alot of how the perl esmith module works, this is
chancy, but you could do the following:

make a /etc/e-smith/events/actions/conf-squidguard  with the following.

#!/usr/bin/perl

package esmith;

use strict;
use Errno;
use esmith::util;

esmith::util::backgroundCommand (0, "/etc/rc.d/init.d/squid restart");

exit(0);

then in /etc/e-smith/events/manager-misc link it to the actions
directory.. ie

ln -s ../actions/conf-squidguard S98conf-squidguard

When the e-smith manager is modified, the squid guard info will be
reloaded...

At least, that's how I understand it would work ;)

Let me know how this goes, I'm pretty intrested in this project!

--
"We are all slaves to our histories. If there is to be a ..
 bright future, we must learn to break those chains."