Quoting Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks for the quick reply.

> Since "listar" is a normal user (step 2), qmail will by default look
> in
> ~listar/.qmail for delivery instructions, not in ~alias/.qmail-listar.
> Since there is no ~listar/.qmail file, then qmail attempts to use the
> default delivery instructions, IOW, to deliver into ~/Maildir. That
> directory does not exist, so it defers.
>
> You should also be aware of /var/qmail/users/assign, which is
> consulted
> before ~listar/.qmail. The e-smith framework users
> /var/qmail/users/assign
> to manage virtual domains. You could use a template fragment for
> /var/qmail/users/assign to direct qmail to use ~alias/.qmail-listar
> for
> listar's delivery instructions.

I could... but would need to figure out how to do that...  but I still need it
to hand the message off to the actual program...

I set up a .qmail file in /home/listar with the contents
of: "| /home/listar/listar"

And now I get the following error returned by email:

</home/listar/listar"@gluon.arachnerd.org>:

What do I need to do to get qmail to hand email off to the program itself?  Is
there some command I need to invoke to hand messages off to an application?

Thanks.

> Why don't you try ezmlm instead? There is a working contrib module for
> installing and running ezmlm on your system. it's a little crude, but
> you'd be more than welcome to fancy it up a bit.

I'm currently using listar on another system for a big list of subscribers, and
it has an easy to use web gui that assists with managing the lists.  Plus, its
already in RPM form, something mailman and ezmlm are not, and I'm not yet ready
to compile RPM's from source...