From: Gordon Rowell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: donderdag 23 augustus 2001 3:08
To: Jelmer
Cc: Alexander Wallace; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [e-smith-devinfo] Advise...

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:36:44AM +0200, Jelmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> e-smith is just a customid redhat so it probably could be, but i wouldn't
> recommendend it  as it is specificly targetted to small and medium sized
> enterprises..  You would probably be better off with standard redhat,suse
> slackware whatever...

Why do it the hard way?

The performance of e-smith will be identical to the performance of
RedHat (since we use the same kernel, libraries, etc.), and we provide
a management layer on top.

Packages which install on the corresponding RedHat release will install
directly on e-smith and you can manually configure them if you wish,
or add templates and actions to have it done automatically.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering