JL,

In a magazine I read about 6 months ago, there was this web enabled
cd-burning software.

You loaded up a web page - logged in and then "mastered" your CD.  The
master config could be saved for use again or burnt to a CD then.  The
system has concurrency checking and if two people are building a master at
once only one can burn.  It will put the other image in a queue.  It could
also "hold" the server for 10 min if you were the active user, so you could
go and put a blank CD in the system.

It was billed as a linux cd burning server based solution.  The screen shots
were very good and the linux magazine (Linux Format UK - I think) gave it a
rave review.

It's name - I have no idea...  The magazine - even less of a clue...   :)

But a search may turn something up - it sounds like a more sophisticate sand
elegant way to do what you want - especially the "saved" masters feature.

Cheers,
Richard.