Stephan Burmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I found that modifying the passwd chat line in smb.conf to...
<snip>

Hi Stephan, it appears to me that the defaults are already there, just
remarked out.

# The following are needed to allow password changing from Windows to
# update the Linux sytsem password also.
# NOTE: Use these with 'encrypt passwords' and 'smb passwd file' above.
# NOTE2: You do NOT need these to allow workstations to change only
#        the encrypted SMB passwords. They allow the Unix password
#        to be kept in sync with the SMB password.
;  unix password sync = Yes
;  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
;  passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*...l

So the correct way to implement this change would be to create /etc/e-
smith/templates-custom/etc/smb.conf/10globals with these lines edited (;
removed to activate), expand the template and restart samba.

--
Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM