> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jaco Bongers wrote:
>
> > Jaime wrote
> > > Last, is the problem of the admin password. I really don't have any
> > > clue of why somepeople get this error.
> >
> > Replace genHeaderNonCacheable with
> genHeaderNonCacheableNoPasswordCheck and
> > the message will go away.
> >
> > Could it be that the problem only occurs on upgraded system and
> not on new
> > installation?
>
> No. My guess is that the problem is that the script is not running with
> sufficient privilege to read the configuration database, and therefore
> cannot determine that the admin password in fact has been set.
>
> Scripts which are run as part of the e-smith manager usually need to have
> root privilege to interact with critical parts of the system. For this
> reason, they are mostly setuid root perl scripts. If you look at the RPM
> spec file for any of the e-smith RPMs, you will see that the file list is
> generated by the program genfilelist, and this program automatically marks
> all files with the required permissions and ownerships. As we point out in
> the "How to build an e-smith RPM" HOWTO, and illustrate in the
> e-smith-skel example RPM, you should always use this method. You then
> should not have any problems with permissions or ownerships of files in
> contributed RPMs.

It seems that the problem is /home/e-smith/configuration is:
drwx------    5 admin    admin        4096 Mar 30 03:02 Maildir
-rw-r--r--    1 root     admin        4655 Aug 30 21:15 accounts
-rw-------    1 root     root         3659 Aug 31 10:17 configuration

With no read permissions for the group the script is unable to query the
e-smith database.

Should these be the permissions on the file? If not, where are they set?

Jaco Bongers

C.A & W Services CC
Professional Network Support

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 9608, Centurion, 0046, South Africa
Telephone: +27 12 653-5666
Fax: +27 12 653-0440
Cellular: +27 83 250-5335

WARNING:
Any unauthorized use or interception of this email is illegal. If this email
is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute or disclose the
contents to anyone. Save for bona fide company matters, C.A & W Services CC
does not accept any responsibility for the opinions expressed in this email.