On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:42:44AM -0700, "Greg J. Zartman, P.E." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Maybe this is just me, but I can't seem to mount my cdrom from the command
> prompt under SME5.0.  Work fine with v4.1.2.
>
> Anyone else having problems with this?

It will happen on upgrades.  We have already raised an internal bug report
for this one. Officially, we don't support mounting CDROMs on the server,
but we are looking into how to fix this cleanly.

The problem is that the installer and/or mkinitrd doesn't treat the
ide-scsi module as a "special" SCSI module, so it forces it to be loaded
in the initial ramdisk image, like any SCSI module.

As a workaround:

  rmmod ide-scsi
  mount /mnt/cdrom

Thanks,

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering