To uninstall i had to do the e-smith 4.1.2 uninstall procedure, i
downloaded the e-smith-proxy-4.4.0-05.src.rpm file from

ftp://ftp.e-smith.com/pub/e-smith/releases/5.0/SRPMS/
e-smith-proxy-4.4.0-05.src.rpm

Then used the --force uninstall for e-smith 4.1.2
Your method of uninstall in SME Server 5 returned Package not installed.
If I tried to reinstall the package I got Package already installed.

Very strange, but I got rid of it for now ... to bad it didn't work for
me :(

___

I'm having the same problem with SME server 5 !!!

I'm using Windows XP

My error is:

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The
page might be temporarily unavailable.
----
Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has
been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the
Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

I'm going to try uninstall right now.