Could I have some MacOS aware volunteers to test changes?

We currently have the following in the "Information Bays" panel:

  User access via file
  sharing or user ftp:  Write = Group, Read = Group
                        Write = Group, Read = Everyone (*)
                        Write = Admin, Read = Group (*)

  (*) User access modes marked with an asterisk are not supported by
  the Macintosh file sharing component. If you select one of those modes,
  this i-bay will not be available via Macintosh file sharing.

I have done some limited testing under MacOS 9.1 and I believe that
the modes marked with (*) can be supported. Naturally, we'd like to
remove the restrictions if we can.

Initially, please try out the following:

cd /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/atalk/AppleVolumes.default
mkdir -p /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/atalk/AppleVolumes.default
cp 40Otheri-bays $!

Comment out the two lines containing "UserAccess"

/sbin/e-smith/signal-event workgroup-update

Now, what we need to check is whether the restrictions are properly
enforced under various versions of MacOS (they will be enforced on the
server, but the errors may potentially be weird on older MacOS versions).

Any willing Mac volunteers?

Thanks,

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering