> I have had some discussions of breaking the entire smb.conf fragments
> down into smaller per command fragments.  Each command being set for
> a 'safe' SME5 default plus with options commented and listed in the
> fragment for alternative settings, but simply remarked out.

I'm currently working from Darrell's samba config RPM, the RedHat Samba RPM,
and a trial "tree" of smb.conf fragment to produce a single, turn-key,
e-smith/SME RPM that should greatly simply install of Samba for PDC
functionality on e-smith/SME machines.  I should have a draft for people to
play with in a couple of days.

Regards,

Greg J. Zartman