Hello everybody,

I've posted this to the experienced user forum, however I didn't receive
any useful replies. I'm hoping someone out there can set me straight
with this query.

I am trying to access an external Novell Bordermanager vpn server from
within an SME network, however upon connection, I don't seem to be
receiving any encrypted packets back in. Upon further reading on the
particular vpn client in question, it seems that it requires TCP & UDP
ports 353 to be open & protocol id 57.

I've read all the posts regarding IPSEC vpn and have modified the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/masq script at the IPsec section with the following
additions;

/sbin/ipchains --append input -p 57 -s 0/0 -d $OUTERNET -j ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains --append input -p udp -s 0/0 353 -d $OUTERNET 353 -j
ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains --append input -p tcp -s 0/0 353 -d $OUTERNET 353 -j
ACCEPT

Upon re-initiating another vpn session, it seems that nothing has
changed.

Am I correct in the above modifications? or am I completely off the
beaten track???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew.