Steve Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Has anyone had any more luck than I have at getting the firewall rules
> working or any other idea paths I can follow?

Hi Steve, I have had too many client projects to get moving on this
myself.  Also I'll be off on vacation so it will be late November, early
December before I can possibly even take a concentrated look.

However.... it sounds to me that you are close.

Have you tried setting the remote networks up as a local network in the
SME5 server-manager of each server?

Everything is 'blocked' in SME5 until you tell it that the remote network
is allowed.  Then the templates update with the new IP info.  I would try
adding the remote external interface IP and the remote internal interface
IP range.

For instance take a look at this samba template:

# [11hostsAllow]
# This option is important for security. It allows you to restrict
# connections to machines which are on your local network. The
# following example restricts access to two C class networks and
# the "loopback" interface. For more examples of the syntax see
# the smb.conf man page
   hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ....

Hope this helps :)

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com