> If you use the secondary server only for file services (SAMBA)
> and the other master server for all other requirements
Maybe I'm being dense today, but I'm don't see how this buys you anything.
How is this secondary Samba server different from any other client in the
domain?  I could just as easily setup a Win machine with a bunch of extra
hard drive space and store all of my data there.

Samba currently has no mechanism in place to share "authentication
information" with other machines.  Doesn't matter if it's another Samba
machine or a windows machine.

> you can configure the samba on the secondary to authenicate
I've never tried this so maybe my next statement is out there door but....
How can you obtain domain authentication, machine or user, from a server
that isn't a domain controller?  Samba, as far as I know, can't have dual
personalities.  Either it's a domain controller or it isn't.

Greg Zartman