De : Justin Funke
Date : jeudi 22 novembre 2001 21:55:40
A : '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'Mitel Devinfo List'
Sujet : RE: [e-smith-devinfo] Off Topic Question about network monitoring .

> Hi Justin,
>
> What SME compatible software did you find? Maybe I can use them too :)
>
> Regards,

Actually all my testing is on 4.1.2 so far. I am planning a short how-to
(just package versions and dependencies - no instructions) for the packages
that work once I upgrade to SME5 and re-test them.

Just to give you an idea,

Snort
Dsniff (msgsnarf is unstable but runs great on OpenBSD)
Ngrep
Ntop - (package is still unstable on everything)
Tcpdump :)
Nmap
Nessus
Ethereal

- there are others but I had to install a compiler to get them to run (or
the rpm was flakey) so I am keeping them off the list for now.