On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:04, Charlie Brady wrote:

> > SME 5.1beta1 is up and running on one our test servers.
> > This was a full install. We will give a whirl over the next few days.

Same here, except it's on my home server, and I did an upgrade from 5.0.

All upgraded fine, except for NFS and NIS breaking (again)... SME seems to
kill the /etc/rc7.d files for these packages during an upgrade...

> > If you have any specific tests you would like performed just let us know.

Likewise.  I can report that Konqueror *seems* to be happy with the new
server manager - including being able to access the options under "Security"
which I reported as a problem earlier.  We're still showing SMEv5 blades on
the blades panel, and until there are "sample" blades up and running, I can't
test whether 5.1b1 still suffers from the "timeout" problem whilst performing
upgrades.

> If you have any Macs, then we have a new version of netatalk, and some
> configuration changes that need particular testing. And you'll notice that
> the Blades installation process is quite different - please give it a
> good try out.

Hmm... When I try to install the MP3 Jukebox blades, I get a page telling me
"You are about to install the SMEServer-Blade-MP3Jukebox-1.2.1-02 blade." and
that "You must agree to the terms of all licenses".  However, it then has
below it, a table with "Package" and "License" as headers with an empty cell
next to it, and that's it...

> Some people will be pleased to see quota support added.

Saw that... Looks *nice*... I'm imposing some nasty limits on myself to
test... :-)

> > So far it looks good - nice BLUE screen! Hey, I prefer the "Lady in
> Can't please all!

I rather like the new look...