Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'd been thinking along similar lines, but using a "bleeding edge" SME
> install, based on RedHat 7.2+updates, including the 2.4.x kernel and
ext3
> file system.

Well this is a great idea.  Just need someone to build it ;->

> My thoughts were that the ISO would only be available via rsync, to keep
> bandwidth usage down, to facilitate regular updates and to restrict
> availability to the technically competent. It would be a developers
> release after all, and not for production use.

How is this best accomplished to lock an iso for rsync access only.

> An excellent start, although I don't like the idea of RAV being included,

> since it is a commercial application.

Agreed, it was just a quick example I had ready.

> Rather than have two contrib repositories, I think it would be better
for
> ftp.e-smith.org to continue to be the primary repository.

I agree.  But do you think we can get Mitel to update ftp.e-smith.org to
match my suggested directory structure?  Right now the contrib by author
structure is not effective in the context we are discussing here.

> Since it would be a developers release, it's important that the src RPMs
> are available. Whether they go on the ISO or not is another issue.

Question to all.  Is everyones preference then to include the src rpm in
the all-in-one directory structure or in a separate global /src directory?

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com