Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> 1) Please explain in detail the problems you have experienced with
> UW-IMAP.

a) The unmodified UW-IMAP (with mbox format) works great. The UW-IMAP in SME
is patched for maildir support. This patch uses the unix time stamp of every
message as the UID. When the message is moved to another folder the UID must
change and therefore the time stamp must change. As a result the message's
arrival date has changed. Some clients display the sent date from the
"Date:" line (like IMP) but the sort order is wrong, since UW-IMAP still
sorts by arrival date. You can easly verify this in IMP.

b) With Outlook or OE you will get the error as described in my initial
posting and in previous postings on this list. Addionally Outlook does not
show messages newer than the file .uidvalidity (which is generated by
UW-IMAP in every mailbox) . When you delete the .uidvalidity file, as
recommended in previous postings, Outlook can retrieve all messages, but
then all messages are shown with the date of newly created .uidvalidity
file.

> 2) Would it not be possible to fix these issues and remain with UW-IMAP?

Dont think so. IMO, the problems are inherent in the design of the maildir
patch.

> 3) What additional features does Courier provide that is a _must_have_ that
> UW-IMAP does not?
It works as expected.

Michael