Dan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> works for my purposes, but those may well be different than yours.

Yes.  I've reported the Update System panel apparently has limitations of
working under the admin login environment.  Yes you have root access
rights
because the function is setuid root, but you are not logged in as root and
I've noticed there are subtal differences to overcome.  A quick test of
the
Update system will show you what I mean.

My solution overcomes these subtal differences and works no matter if you
use the command-line, logged in as root, or the Update system panel,
logged
in as admin, to install a rpm.  I'm proposing one solution that fits all
so
that building rpms to work both ways becomes easy.

For now, my solution where you simply edit the .spec file, still seems
easier to me overall.  Remember the goal is not to make it easier for
experienced mysql people but to make it easier for everyone to follow to
build contribs.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com