On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Darrell May wrote:

> Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Now you should be able to send a fax using:
> >
> >   faxspool nnnnnn file
>
> Is there any Windows client interface to this fax server implementation
> that you know of?

It's a back end! There are no interfaces to it at all, except from a
command line on the server.

I don't expect that it will be too difficult for developers to hook client
interfaces to it, but I haven't done that at this stage. It's stock
mgetty-sendfax, so there are mail and print interfaces out there. Hylafax
ones can probably be modified as well.

It's also not configured to accept incoming calls. But mgetty can accept
incoming modem and fax calls, so that could be grafted on as well.

This is the foundation - now go off and build the rest of the house! :-)

Note, mgetty only supports Class 2 fax modems. This means that the server
does less work. It also means that there is less tuning for particular
modems needed.

You'll notice that I've included an RPM called modemtest. The modemtest
command checks all serial interfaces for modems. "modemtest -a" will list
all idle modems connected to a system.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739