I did the same thing last night.  I had previously tred updating via the
blades panel many times.  When I went to maually do the install, I also
noticed in the var/cache/e-smith/blades/packages directory that I also
have these 2 files:

SMEServer-5.1.2_Update1-01.noarch.rpm
SMEServer-5.1.2_Update1-02.noarch.rpm

Are both of these files needed for the update?  They were both
reporting dependancies on the same files.

JB

>>> "Steve Bush" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/10/02 12:08PM >>>
I finally decided to give up on the blades server and try to manually
install the rpm's.
PHP gave me a dependency error until I uninstalled
php-manual-4.0.4pl1-9.
I was then able to install all the updates without using --force on
them.

Steve