On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 05:28:28AM -0000, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> Dan brings up a good point here.
> [...]

Yes, it's an important point for development servers. But then, it is
your development server and you can choose whichever option suits you
best. Some people need the latest PHP RPMs, some don't.

The Blades updates are designed to update standard, supportable
servers. Production servers (i.e. the ones we are paid to support)
do not require updates over and above those specified.

There is a non-trivial amount of work involved in updating a set of
packages and ensuring that they are consistent. We do this when we are
building releases. Between releases we provide updates for security
or urgent fixes. I think you'll find all other vendors take a similar
approach. Otherwise you make no headway on future releases.

Gordon

P.S. Thanks Dan for creating the PHP 4.1.2 RPMs
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Director, Engineering