I have just built an RPM that installs Jabber Instant Messenger, Jabber
User Directory, Conferencing and Transport Protocols. It runs all in
seperate processes so that one can be turned off without turning the Jabber
Server off. It is all configured via a panel in the Server manager. This
panel allows you to configure the Jabber Server Hostname, without having to
modify the XML files directly, and enable or disable the Transports, JUD,
Conferencing and the Jabber Server itself. It has only been tested on SME
5.1.2.

        This is my second attempt at building a RPM and first attempt at
intergrating into the Server Manager and I must admit I have learnt a lot
along the way. I got a lot of help by searching through the development
archives.

        The RPM, SRPM and How To are available for download from
http://www.khunjarnet.com/downloads/jabber

Cheers,

Jon Blakely