On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 05:43:21PM -0000, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > In order to efficiently manage requests for hosting, mirroring and
> > cataloguing of contrib packages and HOWTOs, we've created a new
> > point of contact for the developer community.
>
> Rich, has anyone at Mitel considered a user submittable system?  A
> searchable database system that the community can use to submit links to
> HowTo's and contribs.  Then all Mitel has to do is moderate submissions.
>
> Take a look at LinkBase:
>
> http://linkbase.tuxfamily.org/

Hrm, that certainly looks like a useful tool, and I'll keep it in mind
for future e-smith.org reorgs. Links to howtos is the
lowest-maintenance of any of our contrib tasks, though, so I'm not
sure it scratches an itch *right* now.

Thanks for the pointer!

  -Rich

 Systems Administrator/Support Engineer, Network Server Solutions Group
    Mitel Networks, Ottawa, ON                 +1 613 592 2122 (x2513)