Hi,

I'm working to get the SME server to authenticate users on linux =
workstations using LDAP.

I have the user authentication working, including creating, modifying =
and deleting users from the server-manager.
The following still has to be done

* get user groups to work.
* allow password changing from Windows workstation (samba to unix/ldap =
synchronisation)
* allow password changing from Linux clients by the 'passwd' program =
(ldap to samba/unix synchronisation)
* configure LDAP so it can regulate automounting the users home =
directory from the client by SMB or NFS.
* configuration for password changing policy and password expiration + =
changing these settings from the server manager
* Configure LDAP to use TLS encryption

I'm looking for people who would like to help finishing the project. All =
contributions and ideas are welcome.

greetings,
Dennis Evers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]