On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Greg J. Zartman wrote:

> >  IYRC it was made available for testing
> > the 2.2.3a build changes but should be removed as this definitely is not
> > meant for SME usage.
>

> This is true, but including SWAT certainly doesn't hurt anything.
> Unless one is very familar with Samba, SWAT is not easy to get at.  In
> any event, standard Redhat build of Samba includes SWAT.  I thought that
> Mitel liked to use stock redhat unless there was a very good reason not
> to???

Yes, but we don't use *all* of RedHat's RPMs.

Your assertion about SWAT is not correct. Installing swat is harmless, but
using it is not. Swat is incompatible with the e-smith/SME templated
configuration system, just as are linuxconf, webmin, comanche, etc.  Any
configuration changes made using swat will be lost the next time a
user/group/print/i-bay is modified.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175