Darrel and all others interested,

> If anyone is interested, these are the required rpms I've found necessary
> add to an SME server to do development in general and specific for samba.
> Note there are some 5.1.2/5.5 release differences.
>
> [DEV-TOOLS]
> [SAMBA-DEV-TOOLS]

.. some deps deleted for readability

> 5.1.2 = pam-devel-0.75-16.i386.rpm
> 5.5 = pam-devel-0.75-19.i386.rpm

Thanks for the How To, just some minor thoughts on it

1)
I wonder, din't you get an error on pam-devel that
the newer db3- and db3-devel rpms are also needed?
On my 5.1.2 devbox i did...

> rpm --rebuild samba-2.2.5-4.src.rpm

2)
I didn't investigate in detail , but that's a _heck_ of a lot of
dependencies to install..
Although RedHat is sure known to include lots of
'Requires' , often parts prove not to be needed -
as I noticed when rebuilding core Python functionality.
Besides, their spec-files aren't always that clean too.....
especially not _Raw_Hide's SRPMs (well, it is in the name, isn't it...)

3) For those who'd like to install (ie are satisfied with :) )
    samba-2.2.4 on sme 5.1.2, I've built those.
    Available from http://www.opencare.nl/publicfiles/sme5.1.2/Samba

> Note this takes a while as the src is compiled during the rpm rebuild.
Quite true :)

Regards, Bart