I think that we could all spend all day pointing wish list items - I know
that I could. But that's not what this list is for, and it is what we've
provided the Bulletin Board for. Obviously, though, we can't promise to
implement more than a small fraction of the items on the wish list.

Remember that there are two important ways to get open source software
built - produce the code yourself, or encourage someone else to produce
the code. $$ is a good way to encourage someone else to produce the code.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Andrew Hooper wrote:

> ADSL and E-Smith should go hand in hand and an easy way to install and setup
> internal ADSL cards line the NI-200 from nokia or similar itex based cards
> would be great..

We at Mitel are reluctant to develop support for hardware which RedHat
doesn't support. We don't have even a small fraction of the resources that
they do.

But maybe someone on this list might be interested in doing it; if you
find someone, they'll obviously need to be given or lent a test unit of
the hardware, unless they happen to have it at hand already.

> It just makes sense to have the DSL card in the box rather than having to
> rely on a second device.

Our usual advice with modems is to use an external modem if possible. It
is neater and tidier to use an internal modem, but there's more to go
wrong. It's certainly tedious to shut down a server to power cycle a
modem, and it's also not unknown for internal modems to die, and fry the
motherboard in the process.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 592 5660 or 592 2122  Fax: +1 (613) 592 1175