Port-forwarding is one big omission from an otherwise great product,
IMHO. I have used some sort of pf at all my customers. Even your panel
lacks the important element of granting forwards to only certain
IP's/Domains.

I used to set up home-grown ipchains firewalls with the help of
pmfirewall. I would use the web interface at:
http://www.pointman.org/

To rough-out a firewall, then manually edit its convenient "local"
configuration file to do portmaps, block spammers & hackers, etc. It is
also a great way to learn ipchains usage by example.

On my wish-list for SME would be a similar panel that one finds on the
cheapest appliances for portmaps.