On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:59:19AM +0200, Brandon Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> [...]
> Gordon, will installing the blade cause any problems?

No - only the blade wrapper will actually get installed. It will be
a very quick install and BOTH the admin and user web servers will be
restarted. This will most likely mean errors will be displayed in your
browser - this is expected (and very difficult to avoid).

> The reason I ask is that past blade updates are required before
> installing new ones....

Not quite. Our updates are cumulative, but the initial 5.0 blades
interface couldn't cope with very large blades, so there was an ordering
requirement. The 5.1 and later blades interface is quite happy with very
large blades.

> Will this be the case with the next update?

We always recommend updates are installed as they are available. We didn't
bother announcing 5.5_Update1 as the package updates were included in
the public cd release.

Gordon
--
 Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Director, Engineering