On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Peter Samuel wrote:

> We've (the Mitel NSSG operations team[1]) not had a great deal of success
> in getting a Linksys USB wireless transmitter working under kernel 2.2
> or 2.4. We haven't looked at the drivers for a few months so things may
> well have changed.

Specifically, I was playing around with a Linksys wireless usb adapter,
model WUSB11 v2.5 ...  I tried both the Linux drivers from the Linksys
site, and the drivers present in the linux-wlan project.  The module would
load, the adapter would initialize and I could query and set parameters
such as SSID ...  but I couldn't get it to join a network.

Having said that, I just came across this page:

http://www.fuw.edu.pl/~pliszka/hints/prism2.html

It suggests that the Linksys doesn't play nicely with a couple USB
controllers out there, and that otherwise it works fine.  So, I may have
to take another look...

> [1] When I say we, I really mean one of us. Mike Kelly gets the credit
> for doing the work.

Hey!  How come I always get credit for the *broken* stuff?  ;)