I just wanted to follow up on my original post.  With the help of Mitel, I
determined that the rouge spammers had exploited formmail.cgi on my primary
server.  From October 9 - October 15, the spammers sent in excess of 150,000
spam messages through formmail.pl.

Thank you Charlie and Rich for all of the help in getting my system back to
normal!!!

My primary server is running SME 5.5 with minimal customization.  I was
using the formmail.cgi version 1.91 script on my primary website.  Seems the
spammers have figured out how to exploit the enhanced security features
found in this newer version of formmail.cgi.  Simply removing this script
from my cgi-bin, clearing my mail queue, and rebooting my server solved the
problem.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.