Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> The rewind cannot be the cause of the problem,

If you take an in depth look you will notice that this rewind is completely
unneccessary based on the correct flexbackup configuration parameters.  Here
is an excerpt from my panel:

<panel>
Specify whether to perform an erase and rewind before backups. Default is [
true ]. If you find your tape drive does not correctly append multiple file
system backups, set this to false.

erase_rewind_only:  true/false

Specify whether to erase the tape when doing a level zero backup. Default is
[ true ]. If you find your tape drive does not correctly append multiple
file system backups, set this to false.

erase_tape_all_level_zero:  true/false
</panel>

If you require a rewind, set the above to their defaults states 'true' and
let flexbackup do the rewind for you.

If you find a rewind creates an invalid backup, due to incorrect tape
positioning, set the above to 'false'. When set to 'false' we do not want to
issue any rewind, therefore we must remove the 'rewind after dd' command.

Based on the above, in no case is the 'rewind after dd' needed.  In my
direct testing, I confirmed the 'rewind after dd' directly caused problems
with the OnStream ADR2.60.IDE TBU.

I have suggested everyone test and report their results.  If anything is
found to need changing, I will happily change the rpm/panel based on solid
test results being reported.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com