On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 1:55 am, Abe Loveless wrote:
> > too, but not yure if it is possible with two DSL Lines
> > without fixed ip addresses at both wnds - did you use two
> > fixed ip address end points or one/two of them are road warriors ?
> >
> > Michael
>
> Michael,
>
> My particular case used 2 static IP addresses.  Search the forums, I
> know I saw a thread with instructions for setting up 1 end as dynamic.
> I don't know about dynamic addresses on both ends.

AFAIK, you can do IPSec with only one fixed IP address, but not with none.
Part of its security is that it authenticates against IP addresses, and I'm
pretty sure it does not rely on DNS lookups.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that PPTP will work with dynamic addresses both ends, as
long as you have some way of communicating the new addresses - Dynamic DNS
perhaps.  You would need to install the PPTP client on SME - but that should
not be hard.

Rasjid.