I have been looking for a lite imap email client that I can access via a pda
and gsm/gprs cellphone. At 10c per 1k bytes download via gprs it had to be
very lite.
I came across a wap email client that fitted my needs perfectly. I can
access my email via cellphone or wap enabled browser on my pda. I have
created a rpm to install this on the server and allow configuration from the
server manager. If you want to try it out browse via a wap cellphone or wap
enabled browser to

http://khunjarnet.com/wapmail     username: wapdemo  password: wapdemo

----------------------
 wapMAIL README
----------------------

wapMAIL is an IMAP mail client for use with a WAP browser.
It has multiple user support with login/password protection, the
ability to read mail messages in different folders, the ability to
compose and send new emails, reply to a message, and delete messages,
and the ability to browse long emails divided into different pages.

wapMAIL is written in PHP using IMAP modules, so you'll need
IMAP support enabled in your php compilation.

---------
 INSTALL
---------

1. Download wapmail from
http://khunjarnet.com/downloads/wapmail/e-smith-wapmail-0.0.1-01jb.noarch.rp
2. # rpm -Uvh e-smith-wapmail-0.0.1-01jb.noarch.rpm

--------------
 Configuration
--------------

Configuration is changed via wapMAIL link in configuration section
of server-manager

Select a language: currently there are four languages available, english,
spanish, catalan and german.

Imap Server: default is localhost

Imap Port: default is 143

Email Domain: this is the domain name that is attached to you username when
composing and sending email.
               Default is your servers domain name.

Message Size (bytes): Emails are broken up into parts, the size depending on
this setting. Default is 1k.

Mails per Page: The number of emails shown per page. Default is 10

Mail Base Folder: This is the folder wapMAIL looks for email. Default is ""
or users home directory.

---------
 CREDITS
---------
wapMAIL is based on pofHQ wapMAIL by Pau Oliva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
pofHQ wapMAIL is a fork of WAWAP mail project 1.0 by Wuming.
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 name of wuming.it
The author of WAWAP mail can be contacted at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WAWAP mail can be downloaded from: http://wuming.it/wap/
Some examples were taken from the PHP manual at php.net.

Jon Blakely